View in my clinic in Billericay, Essex.
View in my clinic in Marbella, Spain.
Sessions are either face to face, by phone, WhatsApp or FaceTime. My specialities are in Anxiety and Depression (from mild to severe), Suicide and Self-harm, ADHD & Cancer
I am the business owner and lead provider of the services and therapies that I offer. I have a clear vision and set of values that drive me to work with my clients in a way that is inspiring, motivating and empowering. I love what I do and I have a passion for helping people with Mental Health issues and emotional problems.
Please Follow Me on Social Media, where you will be able to read all my Blogs and my daily social media posts. Please also click on to my Links Page to see all the contacts that I can highly recommend. I will only ever include a contact who shares the same passion and drive for what they offer.
When you come to me the advantage you get is twofold; I have a wealth of expertise and vast knowledge of mental and emotional health. But, and importantly, I have also suffered from Severe Anxiety and Severe Depression, as a direct result of my 5-year-old daughter being diagnosed with ALL Leukaemia (Cancer).
I suffered really badly and felt helpless and hopeless. To that extent, I am hugely proud of my achievements and how I have been able to turn my nightmare into a hugely successful business helping numerous clients feel better than they ever thought they could or ever would.
I am also pleased and thankful to say that my daughter is in remission, thanks be to God. I am also grateful to all the amazing Doctors and Nurses at Great Ormond Street and Broomfield Hospitals.
My clients include Adults and Children presenting with ADHD and Borderline Personality Disorders, Clients with OCD issues, Adolescents battling with sexuality issues, Families struggling to cope with debilitating Depression and Anxiety issues, Clients presenting with Agoraphobia, Panic Attacks and Stress Management, Couple Therapy — Cheating and Betrayal issues, Separation and Divorce — Clients both Adults and Children presenting with Abuse issues and Trauma, women battling PND (Post Natal Depression), parents and family members grieving Suicide of (a) family member(s) to name but a few.
I have a huge success rate with my clients because of my vast training and wealth of experience. Take a look at my genuine client testimonials here.
I am a registered with the following organisations:
- BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- FELLOW of the ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management)
- EMDR Europe UK and Ireland
- My company is on the CNHC’s Accredited Voluntary Register (the Complementary and National Healthcare Council) as accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
The BACP is the largest professional body representing Counselling and Psychotherapy in the UK. The BACP Register is administered by an independent body accountable to Parliament. Its function is to help educate the public of the benefits of psychotherapy whilst at the same time setting the standards of quality for Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
As a Registered Member of the BACP, that means that I am recognised within my association and profession as competent and meeting their stringent standards of excellence. This means that the public, both individual and corporate, will be able to choose their practitioner with confidence and reassurance with the Registered Member MBACP quality mark.
The CNHC is the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council and UK Regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners. The CNHC enhances public protection by setting standards for regulation — the hallmark of quality for the sector. This means that the public will be able to choose their Hypnotherapist Practitioner with confidence by looking for the CNHC quality mark.
As a Fellow of the ILM, the Fellowship grade recognises that I have advanced Life /Executive Coaching qualifications and much experience at a senior level in the field of Leadership and Management. Fewer than 5% of the ILM’s total membership achieve this grade.
As a Member of EMDR Europe UK & Ireland, this means that my EMDR training was from the Professional Association of EMDR Clinicians and Researchers seeking the highest standards for the clinical practice of EMDR in the UK. Indeed, it is important to be aware that some individuals may claim that they are EMDR Therapists.
So when booking your EMDR therapy, please ensure that any EMDR Therapist you go to received their training from EMDR Europe Accredited Trainers. EMDR is a complex and powerful therapy, therefore a practising therapist must always have a background in mental health before undertaking any training in EMDR. To that extent, the recommendation is to only consult legitimate clinicians who have undergone bona fide EMDR training.
I am also a member of the SIG in EMDR (Special Interest Group) which is a (UK, Ireland and Europe) Members only forum for open discussion among fellow EMDR professionals on various topics relating to EMDR, allowing me to participate online, by email or both. There are over 100 members in the SIG. I am also a member of the SIG in EMDR and Spirituality. This gives me access to the latest developments and protocols in EMDR Therapy.
My training and experiences in Counselling, EMDR Hypnotherapy and Coaching have led me to believe that an effective psychotherapeutic approach needs to take into account the person as a whole and not by focusing on isolated issues. Successful Counselling, EMDR Therapy, Life/Executive Coaching and to an extent Hypnotherapy is about helping people understand themselves better, sorting out what is holding them back and ascertaining ways to move forward with confidence, whilst at the same time removing any barriers to progress.
It is about helping individuals explore areas of their life which they may not have explored before. This will then give them the courage to achieve their goals and ambitions, or to find inner peace enabling them to get on with their lives and come to terms with their issues. Therefore, I do not offer only CBT Therapy because it is in my view only a short-term fix. I offer various approaches to helping my clients (Counselling, EMDR, Coaching and Hypnotherapy) so that their issues are fixed long term.
I attend regular monthly Counselling Supervision as per the requirements of the different regulatory bodies of which I am a member. I am CRB checked and insured for all therapies that I offer. I also ensure that my CPD is always up to-date.
My qualifications, professional certifications, accreditations and memberships:
- MA in HRM — Human Resources Management — (The University of Westminster, London)
- BA in Business Administration and Economics (The AUC)
- Diploma in Basic Employment Law (DLA Advance)
- Level 7 Diploma in Leadership Mentoring and Executive Coaching (The ILM)
- Certificates Part 1 and Part 2 of a 4 part EMDR training programme (EMDR Works, EMDR Europe). This enables me to work with Adult and Children.
- Flash Technique & EMDR (Philip Manfield) 2020
- Practitioners Course in CBT Counselling (Victoria Counselling and Training Services)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling (Victoria Counselling and Training Services)
- Certified Loss and Grief Counsellor (Victoria Counselling and Training Services)
- Certificate in Creative Counselling (Creation Counselling Services)
- Advanced Diploma in Hypnoanalysis (The Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (The Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy)
- Certified Hypnotherapist (The Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy)
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy working with Children (Lynda Hudson)
- Advanced Analytical Hypno-Psychotherapy (The Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy)
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Therapy) Practitioner (The Association of Meridian Energy Therapies AAMET)
- FInsLM — Fellow of the ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management)
- Registered Member MBACP — of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Member of the CNHC’s Accredited Voluntary Register (Complementary & National Healthcare Council)
- Fluent in Arabic and Egyptian and have an understanding of the Arabic and Muslim Culture.
Voluntary and other works undertaken:
Open Road, Brentwood — a charity organisation specialising in reducing the harmful impact of drugs, alcohol and tobacco on users, their families and society
- counselling drug users and their families to bring about change, moving away from drugs, reducing alcohol and/or tobacco use
- helping clients learn to overcome depression, deal with anxiety, improve interpersonal skills and lead a more satisfying life away from addiction(s)
- Principle approaches used: CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), Person Centred and Integrative Counselling
Ghyllgrove Community Junior School — Basildon
- providing a regular supportive and approachable counselling service to children and their parents/guardians
working alongside class teachers, learning mentors and reception staff
- attending monthly supervision sessions with headteacher
- Principle approaches used: Play Therapy, Person Centred and Integrative Counselling.
It is worth noting that a mental condition will affect two in four of us at some point in our lives.